- Watch the code.org video the first day of school.
- Start clubs / summer camps for all levels. We will be hosting a club for 4th and 5th graders using We-Do and Scratch starting the end of August and running for 6 weeks. Several of our other CTE teachers are also thinking of beginning camps, such as Fashion runway, and video broadcasting club.
- Two years ago, we hosted our middle school students for a field trip to our department and our classes.
- We are planning an Hour of Code event during National Computer Science Education Week.
- We will be sponsoring a Sit With Me event to encourage more female students to learn how to code.
- I have created a bulletin board to display all the times CTE classes have been highlighted in our local news and school news. Make it a competition for teachers to highlight their students on a more regular basis.
- And most importantly, we are all working on creating new wonderful lessons for several brand new introductory courses, as well as new courses, including the AP Computer Science Principles Pilot course. Great lessons and a great reputation is the best way to Celebrate CTE!
Enjoy your school year!